Student Veteran Resources
Below are additional resources:
This office is the university's single point of contact for all military and veterans services and concerns. The office strives to ensure the academic success of Ohio State's student-veterans. Any student utilizing VA education benefits must work with this office as part of their registration and enrollment in The Ohio State University.
- Some of the office's responsibilities include:
- Manage the VA certification and registration for all Veterans education benefits to which student-veterans and their dependents are entitled.
- Coordinate all VA benefit and payment activities with the Student Services Center, including the Office of the Registrar, the Bursar, and Student Records.
- Assist students with accessing essential university services such as Academic Exploration & Counseling, Student Advocacy, Counseling & Consultation, and Disability Services.
- Connect students with State and Federal agencies that support veterans.
- Michael Carrell, Aissistant Provost & Director, 614-292-3893
- Michael Forrest, Director, Veterans Trainsition & Services, 614-292-7047
- Terry Worst, Senior Veterans Benefits Specialist, 614-688-1579
- Gina Lee, Veterans Benefits Specialist, 614-292-3453
- Brad Fittes, Academic Advisor, 614-292-6908
- Angela Abel, Dept of VA, VetSuccess on Campus Counselor, 614-688-1602
This office provides workshops, personal counseling, and various support groups dealing with a wide range of mental health topics including PTSD, Depression and Anxiety. Call for dates and times of activities or individual appointments.
Location: 4th Floor Younkin Success Center | 1640 Neil Ave
This office provides assistance in addressing problems and concerns whether they are personal or academic (e.g. classes missed due to deployment). They will answer your questions, direct you to the appropriate departments and people, and help you to become familiar with University rules, policies and procedures.
Location: 1120 Lincoln Tower | 1800 Cannon Drive
- Ohio Dept. of Administrative Services Military Leave Policy
- US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Ohio Dept. of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) - Veterans Services
- AMVETS - Ohio
- Veterans OutReach Center, Columbus, Ohio
The Ohio Military Injury Relief Fund (MIRF)
The Ohio Military Injury Relief Fund (MIRF) was created by House Bill 66 in June of 2005. The purpose of the MIRF is to grant money to soldiers injured while serving on active duty in Operation ENDURING FREEDOM (OEF) or Operation IRAQI FREEDOM (OIF).